Palestine for your kitchen - Spices Original according to Ottolenghi
The spice quartet contains 100G each:
Zaatar - The Original
The name of this spice blend comes from its main ingredient, wild thyme, because it is the Arabic name of the herb used. It is similar in taste to the local oregano. It also contains sesame seeds, sumac and some salt. This spice mixture is known as the most popular in Palestine and it is even used for breakfast. It is used with olive oil and fresh wholemeal bread.
Dukkah is a Palestinian spice mixture made from selected cumin, aniseed, roasted sesame and wheat. The perfect coordination of the spices creates a unique composition that is ingeniously versatile and can miraculously intensify the flavour of a dish or even steer it in a different direction. If you want an intensely flavoured oriental dip, the Dukkah spice blend is the perfect choice. It is sprinkled on fresh bread and drizzled with olive oil or argan oil, depending on taste, to make a delicious paste.
Dukkah is suitable for almost all dishes and can be eaten classically with fresh bread and olive oil - or used as a marinade for meat and fish dishes, and as a sprinkling seasoning in soups and salads.
The vinegar berry is a delicious tiny tart fruit and is used especially in the Middle East for savoury dishes. It contains a lot of vitamin C and satiating dietary fibre. Nabali Fairkost Sumac comes 100% from Palestine and is hand-picked, dried and ground by women's cooperatives. Sumac has a fruity - sour taste and is often used as a substitute for lemons and vinegar in dishes. Did you know that our delicious zatar also contains sumac? Both home cooks and star chef Otto Lenghi are fascinated by the bright, sour taste that the spice gives to dishes.
Things to know
This equally exotic spice is not a spice mixture as such, but comes solely from the sumac, the vinegar tree, which gives it its name.
Sumac is excellent for fish and meat dishes, for refining salads and yoghurt dips or for delicious oven vegetables such as aubergines. It can also be used in soups to add a slight sour note. It can be used before cooking, as a marinade, during cooking and afterwards as a table condiment. It adds a seductive complexity to dishes.
Why Nabali Fair Food Spices?
If you choose this spice quartet, you will bring the concentrated taste of the Orient into your home. All the spice mixtures can be used to make pastes and dips. As is customary in the Orient, fresh bread is often served. This is accompanied on the table by various spices and spice blends and high-quality oils. Often there are also other ingredients such as cream cheese. While you sit together for hours, you can always take some of the fresh bread and spread it with cream cheese and then sprinkle it with the spice of your choice. Alternatively, you can just drizzle the bread with a little oil and then add a desired spice mixture to get a paste out of it. If you want a little variety, you can use the spice mixtures to make dips. Then you serve antipasti, various vegetables and of course bread again. Everyone can now help themselves to vegetables and bread as they wish. This way of eating is not yet so well known in this country, but it has always been the order of the day in the Orient.
Our promise to you:
- 100% PALESTINE for your kitchen - only the best spices - just as celebrity chefs such as Ottolenghi would like for you.
- NATURAL - Our spice blends are WITHOUT artificial flavours, preservatives, genetic engineering and flavour enhancers I Gaza Dukkah Chilli is slightly hot and ideal for all those who like it Indian.
- VERSATILE - Nabali Dukkah is ideal as a gift I for dishes from Ottolenghi's Jerusalem cookbook I for oven-roasted vegetable salad dressing I ideal flavour for vegetarian / vegan diets
- SUSTAINABLE & FAIR - our young company from Düsseldorf always acts sustainably and ecologically - from cultivation to packaging - with products from economically disadvantaged regions.
- SERVICE - We want you to be satisfied and are always available to answer your questions by phone or e-mail - if you are not satisfied, we will reliably find a solution.
There are no customer reviews yet.